Golf is a sport that demands both skill and elegance. It’s a game of precision, where every move counts. When it comes to dressing for golf, the question of whether to wear a fleece often arises. Some people swear by their fleece jackets, while others consider it a fashion faux pas. In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of wearing a fleece to play golf, and help you decide whether it’s the right choice for you. So, grab your golf clubs and let’s tee off into the world of fashion and function in golf attire.
While it may be comfortable, wearing a fleece to play golf is generally not considered appropriate. Golf is a formal sport, and the traditional attire is a collared shirt, slacks or shorts, and golf shoes. Wearing a fleece may be seen as too casual and may not conform to the dress code of the golf course. It is always best to check the dress code of the specific golf course beforehand to avoid any misunderstandings or offense.
What is Golf Apparel?
Golf Apparel Basics
Golf apparel refers to the clothing and accessories worn by golfers during a game. It includes various types of clothing such as shirts, pants, shorts, skirts, and outerwear like jackets and vests. The purpose of golf apparel is to provide comfort, flexibility, and protection to golfers while they play.
When it comes to the basics of golf apparel, there are a few key factors to consider. First and foremost, golfers should choose clothing made from breathable, moisture-wicking fabrics. These materials help to keep the body dry and comfortable, even during hot and humid weather conditions.
Another important consideration is the fit of the clothing. Golfers should opt for clothing that fits well and allows for a full range of motion. This is especially important for those who are playing competitively, as they need to be able to move freely and easily.
In addition to these basic considerations, golfers should also pay attention to the color and style of their clothing. While some courses may have specific dress code requirements, in general, it is recommended to stick to neutral colors like white, navy, and gray. Bold colors like red or orange can be distracting and may not be allowed on some courses.
When it comes to outerwear, golfers may choose to wear a jacket or vest to protect against the elements. These garments should be made from lightweight, water-resistant materials to keep the golfer dry and comfortable.
Overall, the basics of golf apparel are centered around comfort, flexibility, and protection. By choosing clothing made from breathable fabrics, that fits well, and follows basic color and style guidelines, golfers can ensure that they are dressed appropriately for the course.
Types of Golf Apparel
Golf apparel refers to the clothing and accessories designed specifically for golf players. The type of golf apparel one wears can affect their performance, comfort, and overall experience on the golf course. In general, golf apparel can be divided into three main categories:
- Golf shirts
- Golf pants
- Golf shorts
Each of these categories includes various styles and designs, such as polo shirts, button-down shirts, pants with belt loops or without, and shorts with or without pockets. Golf apparel can also include accessories like hats, gloves, and socks.
When it comes to choosing the right golf apparel, it’s important to consider factors such as the climate, personal preference, and the specific requirements of the golf course. Some courses may have dress codes that players must follow, so it’s always a good idea to check ahead of time. Additionally, different brands and materials can offer varying levels of comfort, durability, and performance, so it’s important to choose apparel that fits well and is appropriate for the conditions.
Understanding Golf Course Dress Codes
When it comes to playing golf, it’s important to understand the dress code of the golf course you’re playing at. Different golf courses may have different rules and regulations when it comes to what kind of clothing is allowed on their premises. It’s essential to familiarize yourself with these rules before you arrive at the course to avoid any misunderstandings or violations.
Some golf courses may have a strict dress code that requires players to wear specific types of clothing, such as collared shirts, golf shoes, and slacks. These dress codes are often put in place to maintain a certain level of etiquette and respect for the game.
Other golf courses may have a more relaxed dress code, allowing players to wear a wider range of clothing, including fleece jackets and other casual clothing. However, even at courses with a more relaxed dress code, there may still be certain clothing items that are not allowed, such as tank tops or cut-off shorts.
It’s important to remember that even if a golf course has a more relaxed dress code, you should still try to dress in a way that is respectful of the game and the other players. Golf is a sport that values tradition and respect, and your attire can play a role in maintaining these values.
Overall, it’s always a good idea to check the dress code of the golf course before you arrive, so you can make sure you’re dressed appropriately and in compliance with the rules. By following the dress code, you can help ensure a pleasant and enjoyable experience for yourself and other players on the course.
Can You Wear a Fleece to Golf?
What is a Fleece?
A fleece is a type of fabric that is made from synthetic fibers, such as polyester or nylon. It is known for its ability to insulate and retain heat, making it popular for use in outdoor clothing. Fleece fabric is lightweight, moisture-wicking, and can be layered easily. It is commonly used in jackets, vests, hats, and gloves for golfers.
Advantages of Wearing a Fleece to Golf
Comfort and Versatility
Wearing a fleece to play golf offers a number of advantages, particularly in terms of comfort and versatility. A high-quality fleece can provide excellent insulation, keeping you warm in cooler temperatures and dry in wet conditions. Additionally, the material is highly breathable, allowing for good airflow and preventing overheating. This versatility means that a fleece can be worn both on and off the course, making it a practical choice for golfers who want to stay comfortable and stylish throughout their round.
One of the key benefits of wearing a fleece to play golf is its moisture-wicking properties. Many golfers sweat during their round, which can lead to discomfort and reduced performance. A fleece is designed to draw moisture away from the body, keeping you dry and comfortable even during the most intense moments of the game. This is particularly useful for golfers who play in hot and humid conditions, as it helps to regulate body temperature and prevent overheating.
Durability and Long-lasting Quality
Another advantage of wearing a fleece to play golf is its durability and long-lasting quality. A well-made fleece is designed to withstand the wear and tear of regular use, making it a practical choice for golfers who play frequently. The material is typically resistant to wear and tear, as well as water and stains, making it easy to maintain and keep looking its best. This means that a fleece can be a long-lasting investment for golfers who want to look and feel their best on the course.
Style and Fashion
Finally, wearing a fleece to play golf can be a stylish and fashionable choice. Golf apparel has come a long way in recent years, with many golfers opting for modern and innovative designs that offer both comfort and style. A fleece can be a great addition to any golf wardrobe, providing both warmth and style on the course. With a range of colors and styles available, golfers can choose a fleece that suits their personal taste and style, making it a versatile and fashionable choice for any round of golf.
Disadvantages of Wearing a Fleece to Golf
Wearing a fleece to play golf may seem like a good idea to keep warm, but it can actually have several disadvantages. Here are some of the most important ones to consider:
- Velocity and spin: The synthetic fibers used in fleece fabric can affect the velocity and spin of a golf ball. The fabric can cause the ball to travel farther and straighter, which can be a disadvantage for some players.
- Restricted range of motion: Fleece fabric is usually made of tightly woven fibers that can restrict the range of motion of the arms and hands. This can make it difficult to make accurate shots and can lead to reduced control over the ball.
- Moisture retention: While fleece is designed to keep you warm, it can also retain moisture. This can make you feel colder and more uncomfortable as the moisture evaporates from your skin.
- Lack of breathability: Fleece is not a breathable fabric, which means it can make you feel hot and uncomfortable on warmer days. This can also make it difficult to regulate your body temperature throughout the game.
- Poor durability: Fleece fabric is not designed to withstand the rigors of golf play. It can easily rip or tear, especially in areas where it rubs against other clothing or equipment.
- Distracting appearance: Some golf courses may have dress codes that prohibit the wearing of fleece. Even if the course does not have a specific dress code, wearing fleece may still be seen as unprofessional or inappropriate by other players.
Overall, while wearing a fleece to play golf may keep you warm, it can also have several disadvantages that can affect your performance and comfort on the course. It is important to consider these factors before deciding whether or not to wear a fleece to play golf.
Alternatives to Fleece for Golf Apparel
When it comes to choosing the right apparel for a round of golf, there are many factors to consider. While a fleece may be comfortable and warm, it may not be the best choice for the golf course. Here are some alternatives to fleece that can help you stay comfortable and look great on the course.
- Moisture-wicking fabric: One of the benefits of fleece is its ability to keep you warm and dry. However, there are other fabrics that can do the same job, such as moisture-wicking material. These fabrics are designed to draw sweat away from the body, keeping you cool and dry.
- Breathable fabric: Another advantage of fleece is its ability to trap warmth without restricting movement. However, there are other fabrics that can provide the same warmth and breathability, such as polyester or nylon. These fabrics are lightweight and flexible, making them ideal for a day on the golf course.
- Polar fleece: While traditional fleece may not be the best choice for golf, polar fleece is a different story. Polar fleece is made from a finer, softer material that is less likely to stick to your skin. It is also more breathable than traditional fleece, making it a good choice for a day on the course.
- Waterproof fabrics: In some cases, you may want to wear a waterproof jacket or pants to protect yourself from the elements. These fabrics are designed to keep you dry in wet weather, making them a good choice for a rainy day on the course.
Ultimately, the best choice of apparel will depend on your personal preferences and the conditions on the course. Whether you choose moisture-wicking fabric, breathable fabric, polar fleece, or waterproof fabrics, there are many options available to help you stay comfortable and focused on your game.
Golf Apparel Etiquette
Importance of Proper Golf Attire
Golf is a sport that values tradition and etiquette. The way one dresses on the golf course is a reflection of respect for the game and its history. Proper golf attire is a requirement at most golf courses, and it is essential to adhere to these dress codes to avoid any inconvenience or embarrassment.
Proper golf attire is not only a matter of style, but it also serves practical purposes. Golfers wear clothing that is comfortable, durable, and suitable for the weather conditions. The clothing should also allow for a full range of motion, which is essential for hitting a golf ball accurately.
Furthermore, proper golf attire is a sign of respect for the game and its traditions. Golf is a sport that values history and tradition, and the way one dresses on the golf course is a reflection of this. Wearing the right attire is a way of showing respect for the game and its players.
In summary, proper golf attire is a requirement at most golf courses, and it serves practical purposes such as comfort, durability, and range of motion. Additionally, it is a sign of respect for the game and its traditions. Therefore, it is essential to adhere to the dress code of the golf course to avoid any inconvenience or embarrassment.
When it comes to playing golf, dress codes can vary depending on the course and its reputation. Many golf courses have specific dress codes that players are expected to follow. These codes are often in place to maintain a certain level of decorum and to ensure that all players are comfortable on the course.
Some common dress code rules include:
- No denim or cargo shorts
- No t-shirts or tank tops
- No hats or visors (unless they are worn backwards)
- No football jerseys or athletic wear
- Dress pants or shorts, collared shirts, and golf shoes are typically recommended
It’s important to check the dress code of the course you’re planning to play at before arriving. Many courses will have this information on their website or will be able to provide it over the phone. If you’re unsure about whether or not something is appropriate to wear, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and opt for more traditional golf attire.
Violating the dress code can result in being asked to leave the course or even being banned from playing again in the future. So, it’s important to take the dress code seriously and respect the rules of the course you’re playing on.
Dressing for Comfort and Functionality
When it comes to dressing for golf, comfort and functionality should be the top priorities. After all, golf is a sport that requires a significant amount of physical activity, and you’ll be spending several hours on the course. As such, it’s important to dress in a way that allows you to move freely and easily, without being weighed down by bulky or uncomfortable clothing.
With that said, the question remains: is wearing a fleece to play golf appropriate? In general, golf courses have a dress code that requires players to wear proper golf attire. This typically includes a collared shirt, slacks or shorts, and golf shoes with soft spikes. A fleece jacket or vest may be permitted, depending on the specific course’s rules.
However, it’s worth noting that some golf courses may have stricter dress code policies, particularly those that host professional tournaments. In these cases, wearing a fleece may not be allowed, as it may be considered too casual or inappropriate for the setting.
Ultimately, the decision to wear a fleece to play golf will depend on the specific course’s dress code policies and personal preferences. If the course allows it and you find that a fleece provides you with the necessary comfort and functionality, then there’s no reason why you can’t wear one. Just be sure to check the course’s rules beforehand to avoid any potential issues.
Tips for Choosing Golf Apparel
Consider the Weather and Climate
When selecting golf apparel, it is crucial to consider the weather and climate conditions of the golf course. This factor is particularly important when deciding whether to wear a fleece while playing golf. Fleece is a versatile fabric that can provide warmth and comfort, but it may not be suitable for all golfing conditions.
To determine whether it is appropriate to wear a fleece to play golf, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Temperature: The temperature at the golf course can significantly impact the appropriateness of wearing a fleece. If the temperature is mild, a fleece may be too warm and uncomfortable. On the other hand, if the temperature is cooler, a fleece may be appropriate to keep the golfer warm.
- Humidity: The humidity level at the golf course can also affect the appropriateness of wearing a fleece. If the humidity is high, a fleece may become damp and uncomfortable to wear.
- Wind: The presence of wind at the golf course can also impact the appropriateness of wearing a fleece. If the wind is strong, a fleece may not provide enough protection against the wind chill.
- Rain: If there is a chance of rain, a fleece may not be the best choice of golf apparel. A waterproof and breathable jacket would be more appropriate to keep the golfer dry and comfortable.
Overall, it is important to consider the weather and climate conditions of the golf course when choosing golf apparel. While a fleece may be appropriate in some conditions, it may not be suitable in others. Golfers should choose apparel that is appropriate for the specific weather and climate conditions of the golf course to ensure comfort and performance on the course.
Choose Breathable and Moisture-Wicking Fabrics
When it comes to choosing the right apparel for golf, it’s important to prioritize breathability and moisture-wicking capabilities. Here’s why:
- Breathability: Golf is often played in warm weather, and wearing non-breathable fabrics can leave you feeling uncomfortable and sweaty. Breathable fabrics like cotton and mesh allow air to flow through, keeping you cool and comfortable even during a long game.
- Moisture-wicking: In addition to being breathable, moisture-wicking fabrics are also essential for keeping you dry and comfortable. These fabrics draw sweat away from your body and help to evaporate it quickly, preventing you from feeling heavy and sluggish on the course.
So, what does this mean for your golf wardrobe? Here are some tips:
- Opt for lightweight, loose-fitting clothing made from breathable fabrics like cotton or polyester.
- Choose moisture-wicking materials like synthetic blends or performance fabrics that are specifically designed to keep you dry and comfortable.
- Consider adding layers that can be easily added or removed depending on the weather conditions. A lightweight, packable windbreaker or a pair of moisture-wicking gloves can be a great addition to your golf bag.
Overall, when it comes to choosing the right apparel for golf, it’s important to prioritize comfort and performance. Breathable and moisture-wicking fabrics are essential for keeping you cool and dry on the course, allowing you to focus on your game rather than your discomfort.
Dress in Neutral Colors
When it comes to choosing golf apparel, dressing in neutral colors is a great tip to keep in mind. Neutral colors such as white, black, navy, and gray are the most versatile and can be easily paired with other golf attire.
It’s important to choose colors that do not distract from the game and do not clash with the color of the golf ball. Bright and bold colors can be distracting and can make it difficult to see the ball against the green.
In addition to being versatile, neutral colors also allow for easy mix and matching. For example, a white polo shirt can be paired with black pants or shorts, or with a navy vest. This allows for endless combinations and can help create a cohesive and professional look on the golf course.
Another benefit of dressing in neutral colors is that it can help to keep you cool on hot days. Light-colored clothing reflects the sun’s rays, which can help to keep you cooler than darker colors. This is especially important for golfers who spend long hours on the course during the summer months.
Overall, dressing in neutral colors is a great tip for choosing golf apparel. It allows for versatility, professionalism, and comfort on the golf course.
Recap of Key Points
When it comes to choosing the right apparel for golf, there are several key points to keep in mind. These include:
- Comfort: The apparel should be comfortable to wear, allowing for a full range of motion and ease of movement.
- Breathability: The fabric should be breathable, allowing for good airflow and moisture-wicking properties.
- Durability: The apparel should be able to withstand the rigors of the game, including wear and tear, as well as exposure to the elements.
- Style: The apparel should be stylish and fit well, making the golfer feel confident and comfortable on the course.
- Conformity: The apparel should conform to the dress code of the golf course, which may include restrictions on the type of material, color, or style of clothing.
Overall, the right apparel can make a significant difference in the golfer’s performance and enjoyment of the game. It is important to choose apparel that meets these key points and is appropriate for the specific golfing environment.
Final Thoughts on Wearing Fleece to Golf
When it comes to choosing the right apparel for a round of golf, it’s important to consider a few key factors. Comfort, breathability, and moisture-wicking capabilities are all important qualities to look for in golf apparel. Fleece is a popular choice for golfers due to its warmth and softness, but is it the best choice for golf?
First and foremost, it’s important to consider the climate and conditions you’ll be playing in. If you’re playing in cooler temperatures, a fleece layer may be a great choice to keep you warm. However, if you’re playing in warmer temperatures, a fleece layer may not be the most appropriate choice. It’s important to choose apparel that will keep you comfortable and able to perform at your best, regardless of the conditions.
Another important factor to consider is the level of activity you’ll be engaging in. Golf is a sport that requires a lot of movement, and certain fabrics may be more appropriate than others. Fleece is a great choice for casual, everyday wear, but it may not be the best choice for a sport like golf that requires a lot of movement and physical activity.
Finally, it’s important to consider the dress code and etiquette of the golf course you’ll be playing on. Some courses may have specific dress code requirements, and it’s important to adhere to these guidelines to avoid any discomfort or distractions during your round. Additionally, it’s important to be respectful of the other players on the course and dress appropriately for the occasion.
In conclusion, while fleece may be a comfortable and stylish choice for everyday wear, it may not be the best choice for playing golf. It’s important to consider the climate, activity level, and dress code of the golf course to make an informed decision about what apparel is best for your round.
Resources for Further Reading
There are a variety of resources available for further reading on the topic of choosing appropriate golf apparel. These resources can provide valuable information on the latest trends, materials, and styles in golf apparel, as well as offer expert advice on how to choose the right clothing for your golfing needs.
Some useful resources for further reading on this topic include:
- Golf magazine: This magazine offers a wide range of articles on golf apparel, including reviews of the latest products and expert advice on how to choose the right clothing for your golfing needs.
- Golf Digest: This website provides a wealth of information on golf apparel, including articles on the latest trends, product reviews, and expert advice on how to choose the right clothing for your golfing needs.
- PGA.com: The official website of the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) provides a range of information on golf apparel, including articles on the latest trends, product reviews, and expert advice on how to choose the right clothing for your golfing needs.
- Golf Apparel Guide: This website provides a comprehensive guide to golf apparel, including information on the latest trends, materials, and styles, as well as expert advice on how to choose the right clothing for your golfing needs.
By utilizing these resources, golfers can gain a better understanding of the various options available to them when it comes to choosing golf apparel, and make informed decisions about the clothing they wear on the golf course.
FAQs about Golf Apparel
- Q: What type of fabric is best for golf apparel?
A: Golf apparel should be made of lightweight, breathable fabrics such as moisture-wicking synthetics and natural fibers like cotton and silk.
- Q: What colors are appropriate for golf apparel?
A: Neutral colors like white, navy, and black are generally considered appropriate for golf apparel, as they are easy to pair with different colors and styles.
- Q: Is it appropriate to wear shorts on the golf course?
A: Yes, shorts are a popular choice for golf apparel, particularly in warmer weather. They should be tailored and fall at or just above the knee.
- Q: Are collared shirts required on the golf course?
A: While collared shirts are a traditional choice for golf apparel, they are not strictly required. Other options like polo shirts and mock neck shirts are also appropriate.
- Q: Can I wear golf shoes with metal spikes?
A: Most courses have rules about the type of golf shoes that are allowed on the course. Metal spikes may be prohibited, so it’s important to check with the course before playing.
- Q: Can I wear sunglasses on the golf course?
A: Yes, sunglasses are a great choice for golf apparel as they provide protection from the sun’s harmful rays. They should be designed for outdoor activities and have UV protection.
Additional Golf Apparel Tips and Tricks
When it comes to choosing the right golf apparel, there are a few additional tips and tricks to keep in mind. Firstly, it’s important to consider the climate and weather conditions you’ll be playing in. If it’s a hot and sunny day, opt for lightweight and breathable fabrics that will keep you cool and comfortable. On the other hand, if it’s cooler or rainy, choose clothing made from moisture-wicking materials that will keep you dry and warm.
Another important factor to consider is the flexibility and range of motion required for a successful golf swing. Avoid wearing clothing that is too tight or restrictive, as this can hinder your movement and affect your performance on the course. Opt for clothing made from stretchy and flexible materials that allow for a full range of motion.
It’s also important to consider the style and aesthetic of the golf apparel you choose. While comfort and functionality are crucial, it’s also nice to look and feel good on the course. Choose clothing that fits well and flatters your figure, and consider incorporating bold colors or patterns to add a pop of personality to your look.
Lastly, don’t forget to consider the durability and longevity of the clothing you choose. Golf can be a tough and demanding sport, and your clothing will likely be subjected to a lot of wear and tear. Choose clothing made from high-quality materials that can withstand the rigors of the game, and invest in pieces that will stand the test of time.
By keeping these additional tips and tricks in mind, you can ensure that you’re choosing the best golf apparel for your needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for comfort, functionality, style, or durability, there are plenty of options available to help you perform your best on the course.
Join the Golf Apparel Community
Joining the golf apparel community can be a great way to learn about the latest trends and styles in golf attire. This community can provide valuable insights into what types of clothing are considered appropriate for playing golf, and can help you make informed decisions about your wardrobe.
One way to join the golf apparel community is to follow golf fashion blogs and websites. These resources can provide a wealth of information on the latest styles and trends in golf apparel, and can help you stay up-to-date on the latest fashions. Additionally, many golf apparel brands have social media accounts that you can follow to stay informed about new products and styles.
Another way to join the golf apparel community is to attend golf events and tournaments. These events often feature a variety of golf apparel vendors and brands, and can provide a great opportunity to see the latest styles in person. Additionally, many golf events feature fashion shows and runway presentations, which can be a great way to get ideas for your own golf wardrobe.
Finally, you can also join golf apparel forums and discussion groups. These communities can provide a space for golf enthusiasts to share their thoughts and opinions on golf apparel, and can be a great resource for learning about the latest trends and styles. Additionally, these communities can provide a place to ask questions and get advice from other golfers, which can be especially helpful if you are new to the sport.
Overall, joining the golf apparel community can be a great way to learn about the latest trends and styles in golf attire. By following golf fashion blogs and websites, attending golf events, and joining golf apparel forums and discussion groups, you can stay informed about the latest fashions and make informed decisions about your golf wardrobe.
Contact Us for More Information
If you are unsure about what to wear on the golf course, or if you have specific questions about the appropriateness of a certain type of clothing, contacting a golf apparel expert can be a great way to get the information you need.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to reach out to a golf apparel expert:
- To get personalized recommendations: A golf apparel expert can help you choose the right clothing for your body type, playing style, and personal preferences. They can also take into account any specific needs you may have, such as the need for moisture-wicking fabrics or sun protection.
- To learn about the latest trends: Golf apparel experts are always up-to-date on the latest styles and trends in golf apparel. They can help you stay current and stylish on the course, while also ensuring that you are comfortable and able to play your best.
- To get advice on how to care for your golf apparel: Properly caring for your golf apparel can help it last longer and perform better. A golf apparel expert can provide you with tips on how to wash, dry, and store your clothing, as well as how to spot clean and repair any damage.
To get in touch with a golf apparel expert, you can contact a golf apparel retailer or manufacturer directly. Many retailers and manufacturers have customer service teams that are knowledgeable about their products and can provide advice and recommendations. You can also consider working with a personal stylist or fashion consultant who specializes in golf apparel.
Remember, when it comes to choosing the right golf apparel, it’s important to consider both your personal style and your practical needs. By working with a golf apparel expert, you can ensure that you are dressed appropriately and comfortably for the course, and that you are able to play your best.
1. Is it appropriate to wear a fleece to play golf?
Yes, it is appropriate to wear a fleece to play golf, especially during cooler weather conditions. A fleece can provide additional warmth and comfort while playing golf, especially on chilly mornings or evenings.
2. Can a fleece interfere with my swing?
A fleece is designed to be lightweight and flexible, so it should not interfere with your swing. However, some golfers may prefer to wear a more fitted or slim-fitting layer under their fleece to ensure it doesn’t get in the way of their swing.
3. Is it okay to wear a fleece as a layer under my golf shirt?
Yes, it is perfectly fine to wear a fleece as a layer under your golf shirt. In fact, many golfers do this to add an extra layer of warmth and comfort. Just make sure that the fleece is not too bulky or heavy, as this could affect your swing.
4. Can I wear a fleece on the golf course?
Yes, you can wear a fleece on the golf course. In fact, many golfers prefer to wear a fleece during cooler weather conditions to stay warm and comfortable. Just make sure that the fleece is appropriate for the dress code of the golf course you are playing on.
5. Is it okay to wear a fleece in hot weather?
It is not recommended to wear a fleece in hot weather, as it is designed to keep you warm, not cool. Instead, opt for lightweight, breathable fabrics that will help keep you cool and comfortable on the golf course.